The Duke Slavic and Eurasian Language Resource Center will host a summer workshop from July 22-24, 2019 on Language Pedagogy, Research and Proficiency Testing and is pleased to invite interested participants to enroll in the workshop.
There is an additional session devoted exclusively to Russian language CEFR proficiency testing training and certification from July 25-27, 2019.
Individuals interested in enrolling should write to Sarah Neill at email@example.com. There are no registration or participation fees for the workshop. Modest funding support to defray expenses for travel and accommodations is available for participants.
Topics of presentations include:
- Neuroimaging and multilingualism
- Teaching language and culture through film
- Language proficiency testing
- Specialized language instruction at the advanced and superior levels
- Use of technology in the language classroom
- Addressing the needs of differently-abled students
- The role of grammar in proficiency-based instruction
- Popular culture and language instruction