CALL FOR PAPERS
Slavic and Eurasian Language Resource Center
The Duke Slavic and Eurasian Language Resource Center will host a summer workshop from July 29 to July 31, 2021 on Pedagogy, Diversity and Equitable Teaching and Learning of Languages and Cultures across the Curriculum and Platforms. We are pleased to call for papers by interested scholars, graduate students, and professionals on workshop-related topics and that focus on teaching/learning ANY language.
Workshop topics have included, but are not limited to:
- Neuroimaging and multilingualism
- Teaching language and culture through film
- Language proficiency testing
- Specialized language instruction at the advanced and superior levels
- The use of technology in the language classroom
- Integrating heritage students in the language classroom
- Addressing the needs of differently-abled students
- Using computer technologies to create pedagogical materials
- The role of grammar in proficiency-based instruction
- Popular culture and language instruction
- Web resources for language teachers
- Edifying Minority Voices in the Urban STEM Classroom and Beyond
- Use of Social Emotional Learning and Culturally Responsive Teaching During COVID-19
- Unmasking the Trauma of COVID-19 and George Floyd in Pre-Service Teacher Preparation
- Reimagining Language and Curriculum to Lever Equitable Classrooms and Schools
Papers on other related topics are most welcome. Presentations should be approximately 30 minutes in length and in English. The workshop will be held in a hybrid format, both on the campus of Duke University in Durham, North Carolina and through Zoom. Modest financial support to defray presenters’ travel expenses for in-person participation may be available. All presenters will be invited to submit their papers for publication in SEELRC’s online peer-reviewed journal Glossos. For further information, please email Michael Newcity at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals interested in presenting a paper at the workshop should submit an abstract of approximately 200 words to Michael Newcity at email@example.com no later than June 1, 2021. Individuals will be notified whether their papers have been accepted for presentation at the workshop by June 15, 2021.